|Home & Business Décor
Riding through neighborhoods to look at holiday decorations is a family tradition. Display your holiday spirit by decorating your home with lights, garland, ribbon and many other outdoor décor items.
CLICK HERE to view a gallery/portfolio of Ottawa Area homes and businesses.
||CLICK HERE to view a portfolio of inspirational decorations for home or business.
Basic Holiday Decorating Tips
Here are some good practices to use when decorating outside:
- Place bright lights near the house and dim lights farther away. This plan will keep dim lights from being lost in the glow of brighter ones.
- Wrap roping, garland or lights around banisters and columns in a barber pole fashion. Intertwine lights with non-lighted garland in the same manner.
- Secure bows onto garland with florist wire or long ties.
- If you illuminate the driveway with lights, make sure there is enough room for vehicle turnaround and navigation. Remember, you'll have guests at your house that are unfamiliar with your driveway. So allow at least 1' of clearance on either side of the driveway to keep lights from being crushed.
- Make sure your pet can't get entangled in the decorations.